1,733 total views, 5 views today
World Blood Donor Day is one of eight official global public health campaigns marked by the World Health Organization (WHO).
This day commemorates the birthday anniversary of the Karl Landsteiner (a great scientist who won the Nobel Prize for his great discovery of the ABO blood group system)
The first response when an emergency happens is “What Can You Do?”
and the answer is “Give Blood. Give Now. Give Often” which is taken by World health Organization.
Here are interesting facts you should know if you are Donating Blood
- Apart from the fact that it is a noble deed, blood donation is largely recommended by doctors and medical experts for health reasons. The risk of having Cancer lessens if you donate blood time to time.
- You loose as must as 650 calories for each pint (450 ml of blood) of blood you donate. This may is satisfying for those who are in process of losing weight. Donation of Blood after every 6 months will result good for your body by contributing a little in easily maintain your weight.
- You are eligibility to Donate if you are Overall healthy and not suffering from any transmittable diseases and age between 18–60 years having minimum of 50 kg of weight until and unless you are overall fit, free from diseases.
- You can’t donate blood if you have undergone ear/body piercing or tattoo in the past 6 months.
- Within the first 48 hours of blood donation, the donor’s body starts replenishing the lost red blood cells. The replenishment process helps in staying healthy and productive at work.
So donate and be happy because you are not only helping them but also yourself.